Have you ever just wanted to jump on your ATV and go somewhere new? Perhaps you were a little concerned that you may venture down a series of back-country trails and not know the best way back. Thanks to the Bayfield County Tourism office, Avenza PDF Maps and the Trails North ATV’ers, we have just what you need!
ATV’ing over new terrain will be a lot easier now with the addition of downloadable “Tracks” (available below) from the Trails North ATV Club. Along with the help of the free Avenza Maps App downloaded to your mobile device, you can be assured of always knowing where you are on the trail and safely finding your way home.
DISCLAIMER: Product names provided are for informational purposes only and is not an endorsement from the Trails North ATV’ers.
To begin, you will first need to perform the following two steps:
1) Install the Avenza Maps App on your mobile device.
2) Install the free “ATV Trails and Routes-Bayfield County” map into Avenza Maps. For detailed instructions on how to install trail maps and see other video tutorials about importing tracks and setting placemarks, click “here.”
Now that the “above” installation requirements are complete and you have the Avenza Maps App and the Bayfield County ATV map installed, lets get started! Select from the ATV tracks provided below and import the .kml file into your device.
Available ATV Tracks for download
- Long Lake (Washburn) to Port Wing > Moquah ~ (75 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Iron River to Long Lake in Washburn via Battle Axe ~ (71 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Iron River to Long Lake in Washburn ~ (52 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Iron River to Long Lake in Washburn via Corridor ~ (48 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Washburn Northern Boundary Trail ~ (46 Miles) ~ Snapshot
- Long Lake (Washburn) to Cornucopia ~ (43 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Siskiwit Lake & Campground ~ (37 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Fun Ride north of Washburn ~ (31 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Trail to Pub and Grub ~ (21 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Fire Road Track Long Lake (Washburn) ~ (18 miles) ~ Snapshot
- Long Lake (Washburn) to Valhalla ~ (13 miles) ~ Snapshot